I didn’t do a November favourites because there wasn’t anything in particular that I had loved that I hadn’t already loved in October. I only started blogging in October so I was dead excited to do my first ‘favourites’ post, but I had already made a decision not to do them monthly if I was forcing myself to include things. November didn’t really bring me anything new, but I feel a little annual round up is a good way to bring in the New Year.
1) Jennifer Young Cleansing Balm This is a discovery from the latter part of 2013 but something that will stay in my core cleansing collection for a while yet. I’ve already talked about it here if you’d like to see more about it.
2) NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Another recent purchase, but from first use I knew I had found a partner for life!
3) The West Wing About 12yrs late to this one, but me and The Other Half were wanting to find some box sets to watch when there was nothing on tv or cinema and this was where we started. We’ve only watched series 1 so far but it gives a great insight into American politics (who knew I’d be interested in that!) and has Rob Lowe to look at in every episode. (Very handy if you get confused as you can just look at him!)
4) Candy Crush Saga Yes this is one of my loves! I think I actually downloaded this in November 2012, and have continued to dip in and out of it ever since! The makers must me lapping it up!! Much prefer this as a time waster to Angry Birds!
5) Peter James books I was recommended one of his books by a friend and as soon as I read the first page I was hooked! If you like fast paced detective thrillers definitely give him a look up! I’ve read most of the books in 2-3 days! (I’m usually a slow reader!)
6) The Great British Bake Off Again possibly a little predictable, but this is the first year I’ve actually watched it! I caught one of the Comic Relief episodes and couldn’t believe how funny it was! Mary and Paul a geniuses at what they do and I love watching how they judge.
7) My job This may sound strange to some, but one of my favourite things this year has been my job. I feel like I work really hard but enjoy the time I spend at work, even though they are long days with my commute, I actually enjoy what I do, and who I’m with when I’m there. Long may it continue…!
8) iPad Mini The gadget that got me started in the blogging world! It’s attached to my hand as soon as I get home, but I do look a bit weird when I do some thing’s on my phone and some on my iPad when both could do the job well enough without the other! Curse you Apple! Making us think we ‘need’ gadgets!
9) Gel manicures I’ve been having my nails done in various ways for a few years now, but since the gel manicure came about I have had it done every two weeks ever since! It’s the best thing I’ve had in my nails in terms of strength and look – sooo glossy!
10) Cineworld You may think this is totally random, but I love going to Cineworld! I live closer to an Odeon cinema, but it’s just not the same! Everything about the cinema experience is better with Cineworld; the popcorn, the seats, the prices! I especially like the Unlimited ticket you can buy monthly for about £16. You can go to the cinema as many times as you like for that price, and you get 10% off any refreshments purchased. My boyfriend is a real movie lover so I arranged this Unlimited card as a gift for his birthday and it’s gone down very well! You only need to see two films per month to get your money’s worth. Sometimes we will see 4 or 5 a month and others only 1 or 2, either way it’s great value!
11) Primark If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will have seen Primark crop up a number of times recently (OOTD/Fave Clothes Shop/Haul). I’ve just had even more love for it this year. I think their ladies collections have been the best yet, and I will definitely be shopping for a few home pieces when I move out in 2014. A great all rounder with amazing prices. I always come out with extra ‘stuff’ when I’ve been there. Damn you Primark!
12) Abercrombie & Fitch Jeans I’ve been a fan of A&F since I went to Florida when I was 14 (11years ago! 😯), but this ear has really cemented the fact that they do my most favourite jeans ever! Super skinny, but really soft and comfortable to wear and a pretty good price point when compared to brands like Diesel and 7 for all Mankind. I do buy other cheaper brands, but if I know I want good quality that fits me perfectly this is where I go!
13) Health Ok, so I’ve used a bit of artistic license with this one, (13 different things is lot!) but after two consecutive Christmas periods of a certain thing and the biggest life changing diagnosis to happen to me, I am truly thankful that I have been in great health this year. 2014 is all about keeping to that and maintaining it!
I know everyone says it, but I really can’t believe how fast this year has gone!
I wish everyone a very happy new year, let’s make 2014 the best ever!
Where’s that champers, I’m parched! …