I hinted that I had one of these posts up my sleeve on Instagram the other day, well here it is! I always enjoy watching videos and reading posts like this, so I thought I’d show what I lug around all day! I get quite bad knots on my right shoulder and I’m pretty sure I can blame them on this tonne of stuff that I carry around!
I was lucky enough to get some money for my birthday this year which meant I could buy the Michael Kors large Selma bag. I had been dreaming of a nice designer bag that would be totally classic, would go with everything and that I wouldn’t get bored of. This caught my eye in Selfridges and that was it! I knew I had to have it! I was toying between going for a tan coloured bag, but the black one really took my fancy so I plumped for that one. I have not been disappointed with this at all! It is made of the saffiano hard leather so it’s really hard wearing and holds its shape really well. I love the gold detailing on the handles and with the logo, it’s not as garish (IMO) as some of the previous collections from Michael Kors.
I have the usual essentials in my bag, but because I commute around an hour to work, I need a few things that will pass the time, so there are some items that would be taken out if I was just going shopping or out for the day.
1. Glasses My glasses aren’t anything special, and they’re not very strong so I don’t wear them all the time. As you’ll see as we go along, I have a bit of a thing for Cath Kidston and this is a case from her range. It’s quite soft, but it still protects my glasses enough and doesn’t take up lots of space.
2. Notebook This is from Paperchase and I like to keep it with me to jot down ideas for posts or pictures that I need to take. I did have a pen but that seems to have disappeared!
3. Kindle Touch My best buddy on the daily commute. I love to get lost in a book and have loved this since I had it last year. (Even though I dropped it in the pool 3 months after I got it!!)
4. Gadget Holder I don’t like having my gadgets loose in my bag so I keep my iPod and headphones in here. Another Cath Kidston item.
5. iPhone Literally my lifeline! I don’t know what I’d do if it lost this! I’m sure everyone knows how important a phone is these days! I can even blog on the go if I want to!
6. Miss Dior leather purse/wallet This is one of my most prized possessions. I bought this on my 21st birthday and it looks as good today as it did then (4yrs ago!). I was so happy when I chose this, it was between this one and a Chloe purse at the time, but although this was almost £100 more expensive, the quality was by far better. I use this every single day and every time I look at it I know what occasion it was when I got it.
7. iPod Nano and Bose Headphones This is another commuting item. I often get irritated with the mindless chit chat and ‘leaky’ headphones (when you can hear people’s music through their headphones), so I can block everything out with my choons! I can’t recommend Bose headphones enough, they are comfortable the sound quality is amazing and as far as I’m aware, they don’t leak! So I can listen to 1D to my hearts content and no-one will judge me! Winner!
8. Keys I only like a small bunch of keys and key rings. Here I’ve got my car key, house key, a Tiffany &Co key ring, which was a gift, and a small personalised pink pen knife.
9. Train and Work passes and holder Another Cath Kidston holder! This just stores my monthly train pass and the pass I need to get into work.
10. Lip Products The small sparkly make up bag was a Christmas gift many years ago but is the perfect size for my many lip products! Here I have 3x Mac lipsticks, a Sleek lipstick, a Bobbi Brown lipstick, Chapstick, Clarins Lip Perfector and Illamasqua lip liner. I change these fairly regularly depending on what look I’m wearing.
11. Clarins Pressed Powder This is the Everlasting Compact Foundation. I just use this as a top up during the day. The packaging is a bit battered now but I like to have this to hand on the go.
Hope you guys liked that post, I’d love to see what’s in your bags, pop me a link to your post below! 🙂
Hope everyone is having a lovely day!